Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SMPS design ...

"Arfa Daily"
No, it's regulated DC.

** With just two transistors and one mosfet ?

That is what you have told us.

And SFA else.

You shouldn't take things quite so literally, Phil. I was talking about
the primary side only when I said that, but yes, it pretty much has a pair
of small TO92 transistors, and a TO220 mosfet. Obviously, it also has
input filtering, a bridge, made of 4 discrete diodes, a main filter cap,
and assorted R and C to make those two little transistors into an
oscillator. About 20 components altogether. The secondary side is exactly
like any other fixed voltage typical design, and there is, of course, a
perfectly normal 6 pin opto for regulation feedback. Better ?

** All that needed to be in the first post, plus the operating frequency.

No it seems the whole story was BS anyhow.

..... Phil