Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeffrey Angus[_2_] Jeffrey Angus[_2_] is offline

Default Re-winding solenoids.

On 10/19/2011 10:52 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
But your juryrig would merely produce widows and orphans, not kill
them. Only the lineman trying to restore power would be killed if your
Rube Goldberg solution failed to work.

Since you seem to be so good at divination....Pray tell me just
exactly how a three-pole double throw transfer switch can connect
the emergency power to the line rather than the load.

The ONLY thing this switch can do if the solenoid fails is to NOT
actuate the switch from one position the other.

But I'm sure you have a reasonable explanation on how that can
not be the case here.

Jeff-1.0

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"