Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Re-winding solenoids.

On Oct 19, 5:09*am, Jeffrey Angus wrote:
On 10/17/2011 6:05 PM, Jamie wrote:

You know, at this point, you pretty much don't care

You're right. I don't. Because my original question was
in regards to ampere turns and rewinding a solenoid for
a different operating voltage.

I wish that that had been your original question, which was a rambling
stream of consciousness. Your reference to a program for calculating
aircore inductors made me think you were using "solenoid" in the sense
of "helical coil."

Because so far, with one notable exception, everyone has
insisted on coming up with some Rube Goldberg solution or
accusing me of trying to murder widows and orphans.

Your desire to save $380 in the belief that ASCO was screwing its
customers with jacked-up prices seemed a bit unreasonable, the more so
when you revealed the true application for the solenoid actuator.

But your juryrig would merely produce widows and orphans, not kill
them. Only the lineman trying to restore power would be killed if your
Rube Goldberg solution failed to work.