Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default computer problems

On Oct 16, 8:22*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
I was going to keep my nose out of this, but I'm so thoroughly confused that
I have to butt in.
What are you trying to do? Test the drives? If so, this seems about the

worst possible way. It would make more sense to set these drives as slaves
and boot them on a known-good computer (as someone else suggested). Even
better, if they're IDE-ATA drives, you can mount them in a box with a USB
interface, and simply attach them to a running machine.

What is the question you're asking? I suspect it's the wrong one.

William
Thank you for "butting in". I appreciate everyone's input, yours
included. I thought that I was being very concise. However I have to
ask seriously did you read the OP? And if I did follow what you just
suggested how would that have prevented a CMOS virus, if that's what
this problem is? But to address another question I have why would
these engineers in their infinite wisdom write a bios to anything
other than a non writable eprom. It would seem like some things should
be sacred. Lenny