Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh[_2_] William R. Walsh[_2_] is offline

Default Sherwood RX-5502 Receiver Protection Shutdown, Repair, thoughts wanted...

Hi!

These Murata parts are about $4.50 each in onesies, through Mouser.

If I've found the right part, I reckon you are speaking of the 7812SR/
SRH-C regulators. These look like interesting devices but the low
current rating may be a problem. I need to rig up a way to see what
the current draw actually is.

I don't think noise in the circuit would be a problem, this regulator
appears to be powering a protection circuit. I've not traced the
circuit to know exactly what it's powering beyond that.

William