Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default White LED spectrum?

Paul Conners wrote in message
Would like to find white SMD LEDs suitable for use as backlight for LCD
monitors where the CCFL lamps have burned out. So need is for consistency
between units and... well, "whiteness". ;-)

Or other parameters I should be considering?

Any recommendations (ie, LEDs you think would be good for this)?

(And yes, I can Google and have.)

Thanks,
Dave

I take it you will replace the 2mm or so diameter CCFL with a line of LEDs .
The tube is uniform illumination along its length, how will you avoid
stripiness of illumination?
It is very sophisticated dispersion sheets backing the display to make sure
no graduation of illumination across the width of those sheets.