Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default Sherwood RX-5502 Receiver Protection Shutdown, Repair, thoughts wanted...

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:05:18 -0700 (PDT) "William R. Walsh"
wrote in Message id:
:

What I really want to know, though, is whether or not a drop-in
replacement with more current delivering capability than the LM340 or
78xx series exists. I've looked halfheartedly over the years but never
found anything. I could always build a more capable regulator board
and hack it in there, but I don't really feel like doing that. A fan
would be easier and faster.

These will go up to 3A.
http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...1118-ND/771587

Bottom line is that it's the heatsink and the voltage in that will
determine whether you'll actually get 3A.