Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Garage finished

On 10/10/2011 9:36 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/10/2011 7:57 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Ok, for the soffit. A little overkill I think.

Until years later and you don't get up and down a ladder so well and
have to replace a piece of rotted soffet. IMHO the fascia should have
been Hardi also.

Code or not I would have gone with the fiber cement, not really much
more expensive over any other quality material.

Ditto ... as a builder, I will not do soffits and facia with anything
but cement board these days.

I thought this was a garage (secondary use workshop). Was it built as a
workshop and registered as such with the town?

Well to be honest I missed the comment about meeting code requirements.
I suspect tempered is required in the local maybe because tools are
often stored and used in a garage.

I'm only used to being required to put tempered glass in bathroom
windows, or in windows within 18" of an interior door. Never had to put
one in a garage. But these are all local requirements and vary wildly.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010