Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Josepi[_21_] Josepi[_21_] is offline

Default Garage BEing Framed

OK. Usually electrical people might put a conduit through the concrete slab
to run up the wall. The alternatives are still there, outside of the wall
and pass through, from inground or overhead wires (yuk).

-----------
"jloomis" wrote in message ...
We live in a very mild climate.
Not much freeze here.
The electrician did overhead wiring in the ceiling joists.
He was going to put in conduit but there was not much wiring.
john

---------------
"Josepi" wrote in message ...
Nice! A bit of insulation and the concrete slab should even temps out for a
decent workspace, most of the time.

Me thinks an electrician would have put in some conduit below ground for
wiring right through concrete pad?

----------------
"jloomis" wrote in message ...

The roof is a 6/12 pitch.
And the owner wants to install solar.
He is an electrician by trade.
We were going to heat the slab with coils but the owner decided not too.
Our climate rarely freezes, and it is a very average year around temp of 50o
to 65o
We may get highs and lows but not on the average.
This is near the ocean, and in Redwood Country thus very moderate temps.
Ferns, Rhododendrons, mushroom season in fall, apple, pear,
peas. I am just now planting my fall garden.
anyway......john

-------------
"Josepi" wrote in message ...

Are you going to put a high enough peak on the roof to allow easy mounting
of solar PV panels?

I poured a pad for my garage and tried to heat it but the pad was a mistake
in my climate in the winter. Looking back I should have put in proper
footings and done it differently, for floor insulation purposes (shop
usage).
Another mistake was the 15' height allowance bylaws and I designed my
trusses too high and the ceiling ended up right at 8'...bad mistake for a
workshop.

---------
"jloomis" wrote in message ...
Exactly.
I like garages at 10 ft.
Many items come from the store in 10' lengths and it is nice to fit them in.
Also I can drive my huge truck in my garage with a load of lumber on the
rack, or scaffolding, etc. and not hit the ceiling.
john

"Leon" wrote in message
Looking Good!

Looks like you are going with a 9'-10' ceiling. We had a new house
built with a 3 car and I ended up up with a 9' ceiling bonus that I
almost appreciate as much as the 3rd car. It is really nice to not be
bumping into he ceiling with 8' stock.