Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Josepi[_19_] Josepi[_19_] is offline

Default What happened

It's that damn shrinkage factor us males hate so much.

-------------

"Keith" wrote in message ...

I had a section of some kind of tree that Hurricane Igor lambasted, The
ends were coated and it sat for about 6 moths - most of it in the shed
outside where winter cold had a go at it for several months. I brought
it inside and this week, two months later decided to make a bowl for a
the friend who gave me the wood. (actually brought it from their home
500 miles away!!)

It turned out very nice and I was surprised at how light colored the
wood was...My wife was to deliver it to the friend this weekend. THEN
#$$#@ a small crack appeared and this morning it was split on one side
top to bottom.

I had sealed it and waxed it What happened?? I notice the same thing
happens with Lilac tree here. First time running into this.

Here's before and after:
Keith P