BillR

Default Volex or GE split load consumer unit?

Toby wrote:
Kalico wrote:
I notice that Screwfix sell two split load consumer unit kits and
wondered what people thought about the brands.

They also have one on clearance for only £50 but the brand is
Clipsal, which I have never heard of. Has anyone else? I suspect it
is just a badged box.

They stocked the Clipsal before switching to GE. I've got the clipsal
and it does the job; enough knockouts in the right places, although
the plastic is a bit rough in places. The DIN rail is thick enough,
the switchgear operates OK, so I can't really say it has any faults.
As it's tucked away under the stairs it is fit for purpose.

I got the Clipseal garage CU from them and imho it quite good.