Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Power floating old concrete

On Sep 30, 10:02*am, fred wrote:
Present workshop has a concrete floor which wasn't power floated when
it was poured.

If I had a new floor, I'd want it power floated. Just to get a chance
to drive one of those "concrete hovercraft" that have two rotating
paddles, no other supports, and tank-like joystick steering. They look
like as much fun to drive as a mini-digger.

Otherwise for a smooth concrete floor, paint it. Epoxy isn't cheap,
but it's strong for machinery, seals the surface to leave it nice and
smooth and I bet it's still cheaper than a polishing machine.