Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Deke[_6_] Deke[_6_] is offline

Default Dark strip on LCD...

"Deke" wrote in message
news
TV is a Polaroid 42" 1080p LCD, model TLX-04244B.
It was purchased on 11/28/08, at Wal-Mart, with an extended warranty.
It has developed a horizontal dark strip, about 3 inches wide, about 1/4
of the way down on the screen, running from one side of the screen to the
other. A technician from the insurance company is coming to check it out
on the 13th of this month.
I think one of the backlights has failed. Is it repairable?

TIA!

Picture of the Day http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/

Insurance tech came today, and as I suspected, it has a back light that
has failed.
Now its a waiting game to see what they will do.
Thanks to all who replied.

And a call from the insurance agency came Friday, they are replacing the TV
with a newer model Vizio, remanufactured, with better specs. They are also
paying for UPS to deliver it to my house. I'm happy.