Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Why is there a thermistor in the power door lock circuit.

Thank you Franc and Dave.

Please see my reply to Jamie. There's another question towards the
end.

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:56:10 -0700 (PDT), "Ron D."
wrote:

Yep, the shop manuals for Toyotas are almost idiot's guides. They
give specific tests, but no clue as to how the system operates. I

The manuals even start out by saying roughly, "There is not enough
information in these manuals for you to fix the car"

think Toyota wants you to pay for a course to find that information
out.

Maybe so, but I only own one car and I'm not paying!

I've seen pieces of Toyota training publications and they are
more generic, but do define how various systems function.

Hmmm. That would help.

The Chevrolet guides I've used (2000) has a lot more design type info
in their manual. A similar year Toyota is just different,

PTC thermisters are regularly used for battery pack protection and
solenoid protection. They are way more reliable for this application.

Okay, so all three of you say they are thermistors.