Posted to alt.home.repair
trax trax is offline

Default Fog Horn when turning on faucet or flushing toilets

On Sep 19, 5:08*am, Ken wrote:
trax wrote:
Recently we have been having a fog horn noise whenever we turn on a
faucet or flush toilets. *Any suggestions as to what could cause this
to happen and how to stop it. *This seems to happen every year and
continues for about a week or two, but this time it is continuing to
happen. *It has been doing this for about 1 month. *The fog horn noise
will go for about 1 minute and then stop and it is not everytime but
most of the time.
Thank

* * * * The noise is not coming from the pressure regulator, is it?? *You
probably have one, and some are famous for making noise. *They vibrate
depending upon the back pressure, and that varies due to the water
heater temperature/pressure. *If so, try increasing the pressure by
tightening the adjustment screw a turn or so.

Thank you for your response. I don't believe the noise is coming from
the pressure regulator. I will try increasing the pressure by
tightening the adjustment screw a turn. Also, every year around June
the water company opens up a water source (located behind my property
line) to release water. I've asked some of the neighbors if they were
having this noise. They are not......