Posted to alt.home.repair
trax trax is offline

Default Fog Horn when turning on faucet or flushing toilets

On Sep 18, 6:21*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Sep 18, 6:46*pm, trax wrote:

Recently we have been having a fog horn noise whenever we turn on a
faucet or flush toilets. *Any suggestions as to what could cause this
to happen and how to stop it. *This seems to happen every year and
continues for about a week or two, but this time it is continuing to
happen. *It has been doing this for about 1 month. *The fog horn noise
will go for about 1 minute and then stop and it is not everytime but
most of the time.
Thank

Does it occur when you use both hot and cold water, only one of them,
where is it coming from? *Did you try turning off the water for the
whole house and then opening it again, etc. *More detective work on
your part would make it more likely for you to get a sensible answer.

Yes, the noise occurs with both hot and cold water. I will try
turning off the water for the whole house and then opening it again
and give you the results. Thanks for your input.