Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Are you poor?

On 9/14/2011 4:18 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

So Im poor as hell!

While I likely could *afford* the "luxuries" mentioned, I don't allow morons
to dictate where I spend my money. The very notion that TV is one of the
requirements for a happy life is nothing short of BS. I question the
sanity of *anyone* that permits an entity to sell them a signal that is
loaded with paid advertising----especially when the advertising is likely
better than the programming that it buys. I can't get interested in either
of them, quite frankly.

Do I have a TV?

Yep, I do. But, there's no way in hell I'm going to shell out more than
$30/month, endlessly, for the garbage they put on the tube these days.

I get two stations, one a PBS, the other, Fox. I watch 60 Minutes on the
computer, at my convenience.

I'm with you, Gunner. Our stereo (and listening to FM) gets the best
workout, and it's worth every penny it cost.

Harold

Oh..I pay $4.99 a month for Giganews and acess it via my cellphone
hooked up to my computer. Cellphone is $65 a month but its unlimited
service/web/data.

Heritage is right. You're not poor. You even have a cell phone and spend
65 bucks a month on it. Could a poor person do that? Enough said. You
are a success after all. The American dream is yours. If only everyone
could do as well as you we'd have a great country again.

Hawke