Posted to alt.home.repair
teabird teabird is offline

Default wood window, alum track

Hello,

I have several wood windows that need replacement parts. The aluminum
tracks on the sides and the aluminum strip along the base and side to
stop air infiltration. They are about 40 years old.

I have asked around the home center and lumber supplier and everyone
tells me I need to know the manufacturer. I've had the windows out of
the openings and tracks removed, and can't see a manufacturer's
mark. I've performed web searches and find wood windows with ropes
and pullies, and newer 2x glaze, al clad or low maintenance plastic
window parts. My windows seem to be in between these in technology.

Does anyone know where or how to find these parts?

TIA,

John