Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Alde bubble gas leak detector, how does it work (and where tobuy cheaply)?

On 07/09/2011 20:56, wrote:
I'm aiming to get one of these for the gas supply on our boat, can
anyone explain to me how they work? I just want to know out of
interest really.

It looks similar to the fermentation trap used on the top of a
brewing/wine making vessel / jar in concept.

Basically as gas passes through it, its forced to bubble through a
liquid, hence making any gas flow "visible". So if installed near the
supply after the regulator, any bubbles indicate gas being passed into
the system. If all the taps are off, then you know something is leaking
or letting by.

Here's a link to one:-
http://chandlery.biz/product_info.php?products_id=253

If anyone can suggest a cheaper supplier I'd be very pleased too, best
price I can find is £38.38 plus delivery.

Its 44.91 at BES, so that seems like a decent price.

--
Cheers,

John.