Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugo Nebula[_2_] Hugo Nebula[_2_] is offline

Default Fourteen stairlifts replace lift at Paisley tower block

[Default] On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 23:15:15 -0700 (PDT), a certain
chimpanzee, harry , randomly hit the keyboard and
wrote:

Stupid putting elderly cripples in such accommodation.
I imagine most will be capable of walking down one flight of stairs
anyway.

Actually, multi-storey flats and elderly people are an ideal match.
They have accomodation on one level, there's no garden to maintain,
and they don't generally have young children that need a space to play
in. Refuse disposal is via a chute, so no wheely bins to move.
Provided the lifts are maintained, they usually don't have to go down
stairs to get out of the building.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?