Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fourteen stairlifts replace lift at Paisley tower block

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 16:12:53 +0000, Jethro wrote:

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 16:47:21 +0100, Part Timer wrote:

Anyone else see this kludge?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-14762456

On the basis my local council couldn't keep the wheelchair lift outside
our library vandal-free[1], I can't see it lasting long. That and the
fact that they'd be quite nickable, if not as stairlifts, for the metal
alone.

[1]I am not a fan of medieval punishments but I would have to be held
back from dealing out some "blowtorch and pliers" justice to scum who
vandalise mobility aids.

I think the application of torsion to arms and legs, followed by four
quick applications of an iron bar, would provide a useful mobility lesson.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org