Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC[_2_] TMC[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing copper or plastic

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 13:23:45 +0100
"TMC" wrote:

Hi all

have a small amount of plumbing to do on same project as earlier
question posted

However I may be refitting the bathroom later (this is a modern wet
room where plastic pipe has been used but son wants a bath fitting)

I will be using at most 8 metres of 15 mm pipe a few elbows and the
odd straight connector to replace the outside toilet and cold feed a
utilty room for tap, washing machine and american style fridge with
chilled water output

all will be surface mounted and visible

I can solder and usually use end feed fittings although have not
needed to do so for a few years

As copper pipe is expensive at the moment should I move to plastic?

I t will be easier and the pipe cheaper but the pipe costs would be
offset by the cost of the fittings...... except that I do not need
bags of 25 end feed fittings so the offset cost is not what it might
be

what do the team think?

regards

Tony

If you do decide to use plastic, try to get the straight lengths of
pipe, and not a coil. It is next to impossible to straighten a coil
without using excessively many clips.

I use plastic all the time now. Far easier, and completely reliable if
done well.

R.

so the Toolstation offering with straight coil technology is not what it
seems?

Regards