Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Hole spacing

On 8/22/2011 10:11 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:
Paul wrote:
My math skills are non existent beyond basic math, and I'm trying to
figure
out how to space holes evenly along a center line in an area. Let's say I
have a rectulanglar block, 6" long ,less 1/4" on each end for a border
and I
want to evenly space 6- 3/4" holes. How do you figure that? My
daughter-in-law says you can do that in one of those cheap home design
programs. That would be ideal for me. Anyone use one of those programs
that
knows if they can be used for that? Thanks.

Growing up on the farm we only had a two-holer, but my grand-dad had a
three-holer with a star cutout in the door. No idea how they figured out
how to space the holes.

That was a damn sight easier to figure out ... just mark the profile of
the biggest ass on a board, add two more just like it using the Sears
catalog as a spacer.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010