Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Sheetrock?

"Sonny" wrote in message

I think you were confusing two different things: plywood (Chinese or
otherwise) that was outgassing formaldehyde, and Chinese drywall that was
outgassing hydrogen sulfide.

Yeah, I was confused, because I didn't know the appropriate facts
about sheetrock or plywood. I couldn't answer Jan's concern because
I didn't know. That's why I came here, to get some facts, rather than
relying on my own speculations (based more on news reports post-
Katrina, than any actual knowledge). I didn't even remember the news
reports correctly, as to whether it was sheetrock or plywood that had
the formaldehyde issue.

Jan is having sheetrock work done and she mentioned formaldehyde. I
didn't know, any better, to catch the error. I suppose/suspect Jan's
contractor caught her faux pas, just as readily as you all caught
mine, and that he is taking good care of her remodeling.

Sonny

By the way, Sheetrock is a trademarked name for gypsum wallboard panels.
USG Corp makes Sheetrock but other companies make gypsum wallboard as well.

Max