Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default OT (kinda) Quick Pole Regarding Dish Network vs Direct TV

On 7/23/2011 4:46 AM, Fatter Than Ever Moe wrote:
RonB wrote:
We live in a rural area in SE Kansas and our local, independent cable
provider just announced he will close shop at the end of July. I
would be irritated but he guy is 72 years old and has provided
excellent service for years. He can't find a buyer and is worn out.

We are comparing Dish vs Direct. Quite frankly Dish seems to be
looking better, but:

What do you guys think?

RonB

Have you thought about an over the air antenna and online streaming? I
dropped Dish over a year ago and have an extra thousand in the piggy
bank now. All I wanted was the news, business news, educational channels
and the military channel. The over the air channels are usually actual
HD an many of the online streaming channels are also.
Dish actually did me a favor when they raised their prices, got me off
dead center and got me to do something I should have done a year or two
earlier. Most over the air channels have sub channels some of those are
pretty decent to watch...
an example of what's available now with online streaming...
http://www.justin.tv/directory/entertainment

How do you watch Discovery channel, to get the Deadliest Catch? The
whole package price is worth it as far as i'm concerned for that one
channel. You can't take that extra thousand with you.

--
Steve Barker