Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default 400 Hz

"Dave__67" wrote in message
On Jul 21, 12:41 pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
I have an old Yamaha 2600 watt generator. When I bought it years ago it
was
awesome. I was even able to run my compressor off of it in a pinch. It was
clean too. Computers TVs. No issue. I haven't fired it up in several
years, but last year we had a power failure at the house for 3/4 day, and
tried to run our fridge off of it, The fridge never started. It ran lights
just fine. and I was able to run my table saw or my band saw, but they
just
didn't sound right. I pulled out my old Radio Shack meter flipped it to
frequency mode and checked it. Yep 400 hz. This meter very reliabley shows
household 110 at 59-60 so I know its not out in left field.

Where do I start looking to fix the generator?

It could be it is still 60Hz, but an extremely crappy or dirty
waveform is tricking the meter. That might change the diagnosis/
troubleshooting procedure.

Dave

=========

I keep an old telechron electric clock around just for this purpose.