Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Night Tripper[_3_] The Night Tripper[_3_] is offline

Default Lidl 9" Angle Grinder - any good?

Hi All, thanks for the replies
I should have said that I already have a cheap 4 1/2" grinder, so if as
John Rumm advises they are likely to be better for this job anyway I'll
stick with that. The trailor is made from fairly 'serious' angle iron but
I'm sure a combination of using the smaller grinder with a hacksaw and a
sledgehammer will get there eventually... worth knowing that the main use
for the larger size would be for masonry, ta.

I probably should also have said that another thought about the Lidl one was
that it's 230V, rather than 110V. I hadn't noticed that it has a soft start,
I'd like that feature on my smaller one.

Andy D, the only reason I talked about selling in on was 'cos it would be
the larger one that I expected to have very occasional use for. I might not
enjoy using the 4 1/2" one, but I'm not getting rid of it.... An alternative
for me would have been to take TNP's suggestion and hire one for the day.

Thanks again
J^n