Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Lidl 9" Angle Grinder - any good?

On Jul 14, 9:43*pm, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi All
* * Lidl have a 230mm Angle Grider for £30 on Monday. I really donlt want or
like angle grinders (it's one tool it's good to be scared of, I feel), but I
have a possible use for one coming up - cutting up the angle iron of an old
trailer for scrap.

No, get a moderate quality 4 1/2" grinder instead. 9" machines have a
scary gyroscopic effect - if you're not an angle grinder fan, then a
9" will put you right off.

The use for a cheap 9" is when you have thickish masonry to saw up.

The idea of "selling on" one's angle grinder sounds simply bizarre. I
expect to only part with mine when they pry them from my cold dead
fingers.