Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Dealing with height on ladders.

"SS" wrote in message
I really need to paint the soffit board and sort some guttering problem is
:-

A. Cant really afford a pro and I am capable of doing the work.
B. beyond around 10 feet I am crap on a ladder, even if I got higher I
would be hanging on rather than doing anything.

Ideally I would like to get the work done this summer although could
probably wait til next year.

Anyone else got this `fear` of height/ladders and how did you overcome it.
I just done feel safe or comfortable 20 feet up. Is there a better type
ladder I could use thinking it may be cheaper to buy something, use it,
then sell on ebay.

I don't have a fear of heights, just of the ladder "falling off" the wall.

Show me a fully secured ladder and I will happily climb it. Show me an
unsecured one and I feel anxious about half way up.

Getting to the top the first time to secure it is really difficult :-(

tim