Posted to rec.woodworking
Ray[_7_] Ray[_7_] is offline

Default Base cabinet for front-load washer?

I recently built one. 2x4 construction for the frame screwed to the
wall, with oak plywood on the sides and OSB for the platform painted
the same color as the walls. The oak matches the trim in the house
and was left over from another project. Total cost less than $20 and
looks a whole laot better than the $250 for the store bought ones. I
got the washer up by tilting it side to side while my wife put a 2x4
under the high side. Tepeat ten times. I put a lip on top but the LG
washer has dynamic balancing and does not move

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 15:09:20 -0800, "RimaNeas"
wrote:

I will be remodeling my laundry room shortly and will be getting a front
it (and the dryer) on a base cabinet to raise it up around 14-16 inches. I
can easily make the base to match my other cabinets.

Do I need any special design considerations for the base or its top? I
imagine the appliances would want to walk some, so a lip would be in order
and the dang things are heavy, but I normally build beefy. I am thinking of
a tiled top for the cabinet... Any info/experience would be appreciated.

Cheers, Shawn