Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Button polish or teak oil for stair rail?

I've installed a couple of stair handrails in my house. They are made of
pine which I have stained. What would be the most suitable finish: button
polish, or teak oil or is the difference insignificant?

I tried using something called Antique Oil from B&Q but it didn't go off
properly for some reason. It ended up drying to a kind of waxy finish that
I could scratch away with a finger nail, and that was after about a month
of drying. I ened up removing it all. Maybe it was past its use-by date or
something.

Thank you,
Al