Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Removing fuel from a Vauxhall Astra Estate

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 15:42:46 +0100, "MuddyMike"
wrote:

"Kevin Poole" wrote in message
On 01/07/2011 09:07, MuddyMike wrote:
"James wrote in message
news

I wonder if anyone can tell me how to remove the fuel from the tank of
an
07 Astra Design Estate. I have a 5 gallon container and a hose.

Remove the fuel pipe from somewhere obvious (filter perhaps) under the
bonnet and turn on the ignition. Sit back and watch it pump out.

Will this work if it's a diesel? I know it wouldn't on earlier Astras.

If it wouldn't, you're stuck with sucking/syphoning the stuff through the
pipe leading to or from the fuel filter. Possible, but slow, and you may
have some trouble bleeding out the air you'll probably introduce.

It worked with a diesel Mondeo.

Mike

I have done it with a vauxhall Astra as well,don't know how early the
one previously tried actually was but they have been around a fair
while now.
When I did it there was a rubber termination on the pipe that supplied
fuel to the injectors. This was a PITA as the component which must
have cost about 1/2p was only a push fit and had the habit of blowing
off making a right mess of everything as diesel was sprayed around the
engine bay.
After it happening twice I carried a spare rubber termination. It did
make an easy place to attach a bit of tube to recover fuel from though
when the replacement car arrived from the lease co. (Why did they
always announce they were coming the day after you filled up?)

G.Harman