Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Noble James Noble is offline

Default Removing fuel from a Vauxhall Astra Estate

I posted this over in free.uk.cars.vauxhall but no response yet so, I
thought I would try here...

I wonder if anyone can tell me how to remove the fuel from the tank of
an 07 Astra Design Estate. I have a 5 gallon container and a hose.

In the old days it was simply a matter of siphoning the fuel using a
tube but these newer cars have anti siphoning baffles in the filling
pipe so how do I do it.

The reason for this is that I filled the car up the other day in
preparation for a trip and on Tuesday the cooling system sprang a leak.
The dealer took it in yesterday and diagnosed a head gasket failure.
This coupled with new front discs required and a couple of other things
has brought the estimate for repair to over 2000.00. Decided to trade it
in against a new car so I want to transfer the fuel to our other car.

Thanks in advance!
--
James Noble