Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 07:53:20 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

If you have a garden tractor and trailer of some kind. A 12
volt "spot sprayer" from Harbor Freight may make more sense
than running water tubing from the house.
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt...ayer-9583.html
Fill it at the house, drive it out in the trailer, and spray
with the garden tractor motor running to supply power.

That's what I do during dry spells, hitch my Agra-Fab cart to a
tractor and haul water in a poly tank or in a couple dozen 5 gallon
contractor buckets filled about 3/4s... only takes about a minute to
fill each bucket if I remove the nozzle from my 5/8" garden hose. I
rarely use the poly tank, the buckets are easier as I can more easily
guage how much water each plant gets (1 bucket is usually sufficient).
I water newly planted saplings and shrubs during dry spells, maybe 2-3
times a season as most years there's plenty of rain. I think it's
actually mentally retarded to build an irrigation system as the OP,
etal indicate unless it's a fairly arid clime or for a plant nursery
business or someone has more dollars than brain cells. Plastic
buckets are cheap, usually free... just got three more buckets today
taht's be ready to go once I empty the cat litter... I have more than
I can count and they nest so take very little room. If you drill a
3/16" hole on the side near the bottom of the bucket it will drip
water for a plant for several hours.