Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Fishel Larry Fishel is offline

Default Schrader valve

On Jun 23, 8:08*pm, gcotterl wrote:
Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. *It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. *How can I take the core out?

In what way is it preventing you from taking it out? Is the part of
the pin that you depress for filling bent so that you can't get the
valve tool on it? If so, just grab it with needle-nosed pliers and
straighten it enough to use the tool. You probably need to replace the
core anyway... You might even just cut the end of the pin off, but I'm
not sure if that might result in launching small parts into the tube...