Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Where to buy timber?

What's the general opinion on what sort of supplier to use for timber? I'm
not after anything fancy: I plan to line my garage with battening, insulate
between the battens and cover with sheeting, but should I be looking at
"proper" timber yards, builders' suppliers like Jewson and Travis Perkins,
the big DIY stores, or what? In the past I've had good and bad wood from a
multitude of sources: at least in Wickes, say, I could select the wood
myself and reject anything that's twisted. Is there a particular type or
grade of timber I should use?

I'm in SE Kent (nearest town, Hythe). Can anyone recommend a good source
for my area? Or even wider afield if the quality could be guaranteed.

Many thanks.

Bert