Posted to uk.d-i-y
gazz gazz is offline

Default 13A Sockets with built in USB points

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On May 31, 11:22 am, "Gazz" wrote:

there's loads of forums full of people claiming the usb psu will cost you
anything from 5p to 10 quid a year to run as it's on all the time,

Some of my workshop wall-warts now live in the bottom of my tool
cupboard. This both keeps the sawdust off them and their waste heat
also stops condensation in the winter. I used to have a small resistor
in there as a heating element, but now the wall-warts do it for me.

now that is a damn good idea,
be easy enough to have the chargers on one of those clip on side shelves
sold for the roll about tool boxes, or fix the ones that can to the side
walls,
a multiway extension lead in the bottom drawer, connected to a kettle socket
in the back of the box, and the plug on a length of flex with a chain
attatched, so it gets pulled out without harming the flex when you move the
box and forget about the power point,

prolly some laws saying you shouldent do this of course, as your turning a
metal tool box into a powered item, but i'd obviousely earth the metal of
the box when the kettle socket is fitted,