Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dean Heighington[_2_] Dean Heighington[_2_] is offline

Default Sticking radiator thermostat

Moonraker wrote:
I have a valve sticking on one of my radiators. It comes on when called
but does not go off (at least we are warm :-) ) I have swapped the
actual heat sensor part with another radiator to no effect. Is there
anyway to free the valve, as I don't want to have to drain the whole
system to replace it, which seems the only other option.

I usually unscrew the head, turn it upside down and use it to work the pin
slightly, till it frees up... THEN, I do get my tools if it still sticks
and a can of WD40/PlusGas/silicone grease/whatever and lubricate it. It may
be sticking cos it's leaking slightly.

--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfix{at}btinternet{dot}com