Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Central A/C not working properly - hardly any air blowing out

jamesgangnc wrote:

The good news is that whatever's the problem, it will be easy to
spot.- Hide quoted text -

That's a conclusion that I don't think we can draw. Most homeowners
don't pay much attention to the volumn of airflow from the vents
unless they have a problem. So we don't know that his subjective
"hardly any" is a problem or not. Not to say it owuld not be worth
while to check the evaporator and airhandler. Almost no air handlers
have belts anymore btw.

Agreed, but since the problem affects both heating and cooling, it would be
really weird for them both to fail simultaneously.

About the belt, you're right. Remember, though, his system is 24 years old
(mine's older and it doesn't have a belt), so who knows?