Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Fridge thermostat adjustment

"Paul D Smith" wrote in message
"harry" wrote in message
On May 24, 12:46 pm, "Paul D Smith" wrote:
Servis fridge. Always very cold and compressor on. Replaced
thermostat,
same results!

There are two adjustments screws, a small brass one apparently moving
contacts and a larger screw working against a spring. Having fiddled
with
these the fridge is better, but how do I adjust this properly?

Thanks,
Paul DS

One screw will be for the temp setting, the other to vary the
differential (or hysteresis) between switch on/switch off. (Ie to stop
it coming on and off too frequently)

Some fridge compressors don't like being started until the gas
pressures have equalised, so the differential needs to take this into
account.

Thanks Harry - I believe the brass screw is the temp, and the one working
against the spring is the hysteresis. I'm guessing that tightening
against the spring increases the hysteresis - we'll see ;-).

Paul DS.

Stats come preset, you really should not have to take them apart.
I trust the OP has secured the end of the capillary tube to the evaporator
plate?