Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Wood rack cover

On Sat, 21 May 2011 23:22:12 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've burned wood for 25 of the last 30 years. I've tried various
methods of protection and what I found best is nothing. Wood, tarps,
sheeting, fiberglass, tin roofing are all a PITA in one way or another.
Nothing works well enough for me. We get about 48" of snow on a
typical winter, but rarely do I have snow covered wood to bring in. It
falls right off the logs when you handle them, unlike sheets of plywood.

That reminded me of my daughters first residence in Ticonderoga NY. Open
stacks of wood with a very consistent silver gray appearance. Sun and
wind worked well.

Unfortunately my lot has tall pines, oaks, and maples contributing both
shade and debris.