Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Small surface mount switches, maybe architrave switches?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
I'm after some small switches for use on a boat, they will be
switching 12 volt lighting so insulation isn't a big issue but they
need to be at least 5 amp rating.

Most of them will need to be surface mounted and I'm having a hard
time finding anything reasonably small and neat. About the best so
far are architrave switches but even these are on the large side for
what I want.

One can get really nice compact toggle and rocker switches from the
likes of CPC and Farnell but I can't find anything (or think of any
way of DIYing) small boxes to mount them in.

Any ideas anyone?

You're talking car stuff, really. Have a look he-

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/switches/switches_menu.php

But most are designed for panel mount. CPC etc should have a range of
small boxes which would do. But you'd have to cut the holes yourself.

They're also exceedingly silly prices for switches. Similar rated
switches from CPC and Farnell are a fraction of the price.

--
Chris Green