Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Small surface mount switches, maybe architrave switches?

"Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 19/05/2011 14:07, wrote:
I'm after some small switches for use on a boat, they will be
switching 12 volt lighting so insulation isn't a big issue but they
need to be at least 5 amp rating.

Most of them will need to be surface mounted and I'm having a hard
time finding anything reasonably small and neat. About the best so
far are architrave switches but even these are on the large side for
what I want.

One can get really nice compact toggle and rocker switches from the
likes of CPC and Farnell but I can't find anything (or think of any
way of DIYing) small boxes to mount them in.

A small ABS enclosure, a drill, a saw and a file? Although, personally,
for a boat I would go for modular process control push buttons, which
can be sealed to IP67 and for which enclosures are readily available.

I suppose there are really small ABS boxes available, thanks for the idea.

Can you point me at the process control buttons you are talking about
please. Would they need any electronics behind them to actually switch
lighting loads?

--
Chris Green