Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Small surface mount switches, maybe architrave switches?

On 19/05/2011 14:07, wrote:
I'm after some small switches for use on a boat, they will be
switching 12 volt lighting so insulation isn't a big issue but they
need to be at least 5 amp rating.

Most of them will need to be surface mounted and I'm having a hard
time finding anything reasonably small and neat. About the best so
far are architrave switches but even these are on the large side for
what I want.

One can get really nice compact toggle and rocker switches from the
likes of CPC and Farnell but I can't find anything (or think of any
way of DIYing) small boxes to mount them in.

A small ABS enclosure, a drill, a saw and a file? Although, personally,
for a boat I would go for modular process control push buttons, which
can be sealed to IP67 and for which enclosures are readily available.

Colin Bignell