Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15557 Ignoramus15557 is offline

Default 5000 lbs crane on a 3/4 ton pickup

On 2011-05-19, wrote:
On May 18, 8:09?pm, Ignoramus15557 ignoramus15...@NOSPAM.
15557.invalid wrote:
Guys... I am not talking to anyone specifically right now... I sense a
little bit of B/S on this topic.

One reason I thought about mounting the new crane on a trailer
designed for it, was that it would give you a way to lift things
weighing up to 5000 lbs. Mounted on your truck, it will be limited.
Plus you would not be hauling around 300 plus lbs all the time.

I do not particularly need a crane on a trailer, but a crane on a
truck would be very helpful. If I need to take a trailer someplace,
a forklift would probably be there. The trailer sits lower, and I made
some steel ramps that fit it, so I can use ramps with the trailer.

I do not have truck ramps and it is so high that I am somewhat afraid
to use ramps with my truck.

With a crane, I can pick up a lot of things whenever I want, I do not
need to set myself up for a trailer trip.