Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soft Start

On 06/05/2011 08:33, Bob Minchin wrote:

Aldi/Lidl type compressors I have seen already have a dump valve
arrangement fitted.

Mine has a ring-pull valve to de-pressurise the receiver - is that what
you mean?

It *might* work with the genny if I turn it on and off manually,
completely exhausting the pressure each time - but that wouldn't be very
efficient.

In normal operation the motor is controlled by a pressure switch with
some hysteresis between on and off pressures - so it cuts out when it
gets to max pressure, and turns it on again when the pressure falls a
bit (but still way above zero).
--
Cheers,
Roger