Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default How much light can I get out of this fixture?

On Apr 29, 9:22*am, "
wrote:
On Apr 29, 6:50*am, "RBM" wrote:

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message

Hi,

I'm looking at a ceiling fan that can take "(3) 40W 110V candelabra base
(E12)".

With modern light bulbs (CFL or LED) how much light will I actually be
able to get out of it?

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

Here is a CF that puts out 825 lumens:http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/el...act-fluorescen...

The issue isn't really how much light the fixture is capable of
handling.
It's how much HEAT. *Given that CFLs produce about 75% less heat
than an incadescent, you can put any size you want in.
A 40W CFL would produce about as much light as a 150W incandescent
and I'm sure you don't want anywhere near 3X 150W equiv of light.- Hide quoted text -

and if the CFL will physicall FIT

They have gotten smaller but it can still be a issue