CampinGazz

Default plastic air pipe

i remember from here a year or so ago that there was great debates over the
use of plastic pipe for workshop air compressor piping, i think in american
they use scedule 40 pipe??

anyway, i know plastic pipe shouldent be used for this use, as if the pipe
ever fractures, it does so explosively when it's got 150 psi of air pressure
inside it,
and i have a habit of sending things flying in my workshop every now and
then, broke a few fluorescent lights, and even cut a power cable once when a
piece of wood flew from a tool.. i know i should be more carefull, but
everyone gets kick back sometime, mine tend to fly upwards.. where the air
pipes will be ran.

Anyway, i was going to use copper pipe, but got the new axminster review
magazine through the door today, and they have in it a plastic air pipe
system,

ok, their pipe is sold as nylon pipe, is this different to the usual pvc
pipe used in america (i'm in the UK if your still guessing i.e is the
nylon pipe safe if it ever ruptures, i'd imagine it'll be resistiant to
rupturing if it gets hit, as nylon pipe shouldent be as brittle as pvc pipe,
but before i look into getting some 15mm nylon pipe from a local supplier,
i'd like to know if this is a good idea?

i know most people say pvc pipe for air systems is not a good idea, but it's
still sold and people use it, most without incidnet,

Is nylon pipe a good idea? it's sure make my pipework a lot easier, as i'd
like to run the pipes on the top of the celing joists, and can't do that
with copper pipe unless i cut it into 2 foot sections and thread it between
the rafters/joists.

So nylon pipe would be perfect,
i imagine it needs to be a certian type of nylon pipe? i'm using some nylon
water pipe in my motorhome i'm building, this stuff is the same diamiter as
the axminster stuff..15mm, not sure about hte thickness, but my pipe costs
78 pence per meter, whereas axminster want about a tenner for 1.5 meters,