Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron FIsher Aaron FIsher is offline

Default Roof tile glue to repair recently cracked clay re-roof tiles(does it exist?)

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 05:26:18 -0700, gpsman wrote:

On Apr 6, 5:44Â*pm, Aaron FIsher wrote:
is there any solution that involves simply gluing them back together?

It's SOP, according to my roofers.

Interesting. I didn't think anyone actually glued a tile ... but I really
don't want to re-roof the whole section! (I already bought 100
replacement tiles - I just don't really know how to do the re-roofing
part.)

Here is a picture of the newly bought tile shape that needs to be glued.
http://www.upload3r.com/serve/080411/1302288985.jpg

Notice how 'thin' this tile is (US Tile Claymax).

The only problem with the suggested epoxies, I think, is that I would
think we'd need a quick-dry which will 'fix' while I'm still up there on
the roof, holding the parts together with my hand.

Did we come to a consensus as to which glue will:
a) Be strong enough to hold porous tile together
b) Be quick-drying enough to set in a minute or two (while being hand
held)
c) Be durable enough to last the heat and cold cycles on the roof