Posted to alt.home.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Roof tile glue to repair recently cracked clay re-roof tiles(does it exist?)

Aaron FIsher wrote:
I was up on my roof today and despite crawling and trying to be gingerly
with my 250 pound frame, I cracked a few roof tiles.

Actually, they're 're-roof' clay tiles, which, apparently, are thinner
than original roof tiles (they're only about a half-inch thick or less).

I realize I 'should' replace the broken clay tiles ... but I was just
wondering, since the cracks are brand new and all the pieces are
there ... is there any solution that involves simply gluing them back
together?

Just wondering if that's a viable alternative for minor roof repairs?

Silicon paste used as glue? (rub it in firmly at the break surface)